This web site is an expanding resource of information and reviews about Open Source UNIX (Freely Redistributable UNIX) and other related software projects. This site will feature information about complete operating system distributions and individual software packages that run under those distributions. This includes various distribtions of Linux (Red Hat, Mandrake, Slackware, Debian, Corel Linux, Turbo Linux, Caldera OpenLinux) and BSD UNIX software (FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Darwin). Our mission is to provide a useful index of information about the status of various distributions as well as guidance about what tools are available and how they can be used.
Read Daemon News for the latest BSD information!
- Free Software Foundation
- creators of the GNU utilites used by every Free UNIX project
- which runs on over 50% of the world's web servers.
- which is the engine behind most of the dynamic content on the World Wide Web.
- the software that provides most of the DNS (domain name service) for the Internet.
- the most important and widely used email transport software on the Internet.
- Gnome Project
- GNOME stands for GNU Network Object Model Environment. The GNOME project intends to build a complete, user-friendly desktop based entirely on free software.